Davis Law Library
Te Herenga Ture
The Davis Law Library supports the research, teaching and learning needs of the Faculty of Law, and the Department of Commercial Law within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
About the Library
The Davis Law Library is named after Professor A. G. Davis, who retired as Dean of the Law School in 1965. The Library was founded at the University in 1939 and has had several locations, including a move into the General Library building in 1969. It has been in its current Eden Crescent location since 1992.
Resources cover all areas of law, with emphasis on the major common law jurisdictions of New Zealand, Australia, England, Canada and USA. To learn more about the collections of the Davis Law Library, including the Marylyn Mayo Rare Book Room, see Collections.