Subject Librarians provide a range of services to support and enhance the research, teaching and learning activities of staff, researchers and students.
Teaching and learning support
To assist with teaching and learning, Subject Librarians:
- Collaborate with academic staff and learning advisers to integrate information and academic literacy into the curriculum.
- Create online tutorials, videos and tools to support learning.
- Deliver workshops and presentations on information resources, library use and reference management.
- Maintain a Library collection that meets the teaching and learning needs of the University.
To assist with research, Subject Librarians:
- Offer individual research consultations to help with in-depth information queries and use of Library resources.
- Develop subject-specific web pages to improve access to relevant resources.
- Maintain a Library collection that meets the research needs of the University.
- Contribute to the Doctoral Skills Programme to help candidates develop and improve the skills needed to complete a major research project.
- Promote and deliver specialist research support services provided by Libraries and Learning Services.
- Assist with reference management, referencing styles and tools.
Contact your Subject Librarian for further information on any of these services.