Copying and printing

Copiers and printers are available in all libraries, information commons and faculty computer labs

Copy and print prices

Type Cost
Single-sided black and white A4/A3 10 cents per page
Double-sided black and white A4/A3 20 cents per sheet (10 cents per page)
Single-sided colour A4/A3 20 cents per page
Double-sided colour A4/A3 40 cents per sheet (20 cents per page)

Top of page


Some courses give students a free allocation of money for copying or printing.

  • Allocations are given by the University; they are not part of your personal funds.
  • Allocations always have a start date and end date and are specific.
  • Allocations cannot be refunded or changed.
  • Allocations are used up before any money that you added to your copy or print balance yourself.

Top of page

About adding money

You can add money to your balance using the Campus Card application.

  1. Go to the Campus Card self service portal.
  2. If not on Campus you will be asked to login with your username and password
  3. Your current balance will be displayed.
  4. To top up your balance, enter the amount and press submit.
  5. You will transferred to the payment page, follow the instructions on the page.
    Read more about:​
  6. You can add up to $999 per transaction and have a maximum balance of $999.
  7. To view your balance and transaction history select spending history from the menu on the left and select the required date range to display transaction history.

Top of page

Printing credit

If you use a printer or an MFD (multifunction device: copier, printer, scanner in one) and experience problems (e.g., pages printed out blank), you should notify the local IT support staff and fill out the printing credit form.

Your claim will be investigated and if successful, a credit will be made to your print account for the faulty print/copy job.

Top of page

Printing refund

  • Refunds can ONLY be claimed if you are graduating or leaving the University.
  • You can obtain a refund for any money you add to your own copy and print balance.
  • Departmental allocations are non-refundable.
  • Refunds can ONLY be made into New Zealand bank accounts.

Top of page

Need help?

You can get copy and print support at the Student IT Hub, Level 2, Kate Edger Information Commons at the City campus, or the Student Hub Help Desks within the library at Grafton or Epsom campuses during opening hours