A significant collection of New Zealand geospatial data/GIS layers, including aerial photographs and satellite imagery, available from the University of Auckland Library.
Data sets and type:
1. Auckland Council - aerial photographs, contours, district plan, hydrology, LiDAR, parks, statutory boundaries, topographic and underground services.
2. Environment Canterbury - LiDAR.
3. GNS - raster or imagery data by QMap [geological map] region.
4. KiwImage - satellite imagery of approximately 74% of New Zealand and Offshore Islands, tiled to NZTopo50 sheets - view map of coverage
5. New Zealand Topo[graphic] - LINZ New Zealand Topographic maps 1:50,000 and 1:250,000 as ArcGIS layers.
6. NZ Aerial Mapping - aerial photographs of Piha and Waiheke 1940 to 2010, Te Kaha Point, Waiapu River and Tokomaru Bay 1945-63, and Te Puia, Whatatutu and Gisborne 1982.
7. Digital Elevation Model (DEM) 8m and 15m.
These data sets are for use in teaching and non-profit research.
A selection of NZMS map series is available from GeoNetwork@Auckland, a catalogue application that manages spatially referenced resources.
On-campus access for staff and students of University of Auckland only.
Access via mapping to the following Library shared drive:
1. From Start button go to Computer
2. Click on Tools, select Map network drive
3. Folder: \\files.auckland.ac.nz\shared\LIB\geodata
4. Click OK to map the share
Access might not be available from computers with restricted network capabilities, such as those in Information Commons and Library Commons.