A significant collection of New Zealand geospatial data/GIS layers, including aerial photographs and satellite imagery, available from the University of Auckland Library.
Data sets and type:
1. Auckland Council - aerial photographs, contours, district plan, hydrology, LiDAR, parks, statutory boundaries, topographic and underground services.
2. Environment Canterbury - LiDAR.
3. GNS - raster or imagery data by QMap [geological map] region.
4. KiwImage - satellite imagery of approximately 74% of New Zealand and Offshore Islands, tiled to NZTopo50 sheets - view map of coverage
5. New Zealand Topo[graphic] - LINZ New Zealand Topographic maps 1:50,000 and 1:250,000 as ArcGIS layers.
6. NZ Aerial Mapping - aerial photographs of Piha and Waiheke 1940 to 2010, Te Kaha Point, Waiapu River and Tokomaru Bay 1945-63, and Te Puia, Whatatutu and Gisborne 1982.
7. Digital Elevation Model (DEM) 8m and 15m.
These data sets are for use in teaching and non-profit research.
A selection of NZMS map series is available from GeoNetwork@Auckland, a catalogue application that manages spatially referenced resources.
Access to the site is freely available to the public. Some resources are only available on campus to staff and students of the University of Auckland.