Music and Dance Library

Te Herenga Pūoru

The Music and Dance Library provides resources, facilities and services to support the staff and students of the School of Music and the Dance Studies programmes.

 

About the Library

The Music Library was established in 1903 with £4.15 worth of books. In 1986 the Music Library moved from Pembridge, a stately Victorian house in Princes Street, to its current location in  the School of Music. Material related to dance was added in 1998, and 2002 saw the inclusion of the School of Music Record Library and Listening Room.

Resources provided include books, journals, scores, and sound and video recordings about music and dance. Scores are available for both performance and study. Some recordings are for use in the library only. The Listening Room provides computers and audiovisual equipment for listening and viewing audiovisual resources.