for Applied Language Studies and Lingusitics
Language Teaching & Learning
Second Language Acquisition
Guide to Grammar and Writing
Native Language Newspapers
Electronic version of the Ethnologue, the Ethnologue Language Name Index, and the Ethnologue Language Family Index and contains the entire text of the original printed volumes (except language maps).
An electronic archive for self-archive papers in any area of Linguistics and Psycholinguistics. You must register to use.
- The Speech Accent Archive
Native and non-native speakers of English read the same paragraph and are carefully transcribed.
The archive is used by people who wish to compare and analyze the accents of different English speakers.
- Aboriginal Studies Electronic Data Archive (ASEDA)
Focus is on information about Australian Indigenous languages, with nearly 300 languages represented.
Also holds other information on Indigenous topics, such as the Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody.
And Land Claim transcripts, fonts, graphics and software, etc.
- Handbook of Western Aboriginal languages south of the Kimberley
- Aboriginal Languages of Australia
- Ethnologue Country Index - Languages of the Pacific
(Summer Institute of Linguistics) Includes language maps of Indonesia, Papua-New Guinea and Oceania.
- ECAI Pacific Language Mapping
Maps from Wurm, S. A.and Hattori, Shiro (Eds). 1981, 1983. Language Atlas of the Pacific Area. Canberra: Australian Academy of the Humanities in collaboration with the Japan Academy. Registered scans of the maps from the Language Atlas of the Pacific Area (excluding the maps of Japan) are made available through
the Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative (ECAI). Covers South East Asia, Japan, Indonesia and Oceania.
- PARADISEC (Pacific And Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures)
"digital conservation and access for endangered audio, text and visual material from the Pacific region"
- Ethnologue Papua New Guinea
- Austronesian Languages from Encyclopedia Britannica
- Papuan Languages from Encyclopedia Britannica
Listservs and Newsgroups